A quick, easy guide to Volkswagen Bluetooth pairing
How to pair Bluetooth with your Volkswagen
It’s quick and easy to pair your smartphone or other electronic device to your Volkswagen and we are going to show you how. Here are some quick tips on how to pair Bluetooth with you Volkswagen.
What devices are compatible with Volkswagen Bluetooth technology?
The first step is to see if your electronic device is in fact compatible with your Volkswagen. Verify if it is here.
Now we’re rolling! Here’s what steps to take next:
2. Start the ignition. Your vehicle’s Bluetooth system will be in “discovery” mode.
3. From the Bluetooth menu on your phone, search for new devices and select VW BT with the last four digits of your VIN.
4. A connection request will appear on the infotainment display.
5. Press Connect on the infotainment display. The infotainment display will then show a PIN.
6. Make sure the same PIN is displayed on your phone, and press YES on the touch screen. Then press Pair on your phone. Note: Once the PIN is shown, pairing must be completed within 30 seconds; otherwise, the process will need to be repeated.
It’s really that easy! Want to connect a second device? Here’s how to go about it:
1. Be sure that the phone’s Bluetooth is switched on and that it is actively visible.
2. Select Setup on the touchscreen.
3. Select Bluetooth on the touchscreen.
4. Select Search for devices.
5. Select Results on your touchscreen, then select your device.
6. Select the device profile option of “Handsfree” or “Bluetooth Audio.”
7. Make sure the same PIN is displayed on your phone, and press Yes on the touchscreen. Then press Pair on your phone.
8. Up to four phone profiles can be stored in the system.
Read More: Top marks for VW Jetta, Passat, Golf in new NHTSA safety tests
How did it go? Do you have any questions? We encourage you to contact our friendly team of experts. If you are still having connection issues, please be sure to give us a call. Even if you didn’t purchase your vehicle from us. Our team would be more than happy to answer your questions and help you connect your device.